Monday, July 29, 2019

mystery no.1.





reading through an earlier blog post i rolled my eyes loudly at making one of the mysteries so seemingly hugely and unnecessarily mysterious. regardless, what's done is done. "so let it be written so let it be done." ..... did you read that last sentence in the voice of pharoah (yul brynner) from the 1956 movie
the ten commandments?
one must be a certain age and genre interest i suppose.

ahh but i digress.

on to the mystery ... mystery no.1:

scrolling through facebookie marketplacie i saw the perfect addition to our home. an industrial rolling cart for mere pennies - to house additional table space or a puzzle or game or dining in front of the fireplace for cozy nights in, or even as a cart to hold extra groceries while entertaining. so i confirmed my desire to buy it and set the time for the hubs to come with me to pick it up and pay for the cart.. i prefer the hubs go with me in case the seller's a creeper. that's never happened (the creeper part) but just in case. safety first.

here's the cart taped and ready for paint.


loving the industrial look.


and here's the products used:

annie sloan chalk paint in olive


miss mustard seed hemp oil


the finished cart.
perfectly shabby .. makes my heart swOon.



i've asked the hubs to cut a piece of wood to fit the tabletop's form, adding handles on each side .. so we can put a puzzle or game away if the need for additional table space or service cart use is required. in his spare time. snicker....





14 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! What a great find - and an even greater idea. Thanks for unveiling mystery number one. It was so worth the wait.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm naming this industrial cart: *olive*

      Delete
    2. 🙃 you are always very creative! I love a good mystery ; ) sally

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. me too. she's real mellow and i'm
      thinking Olive is a mellow name
      so it kinda fits. ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm so jealous!! She is beautiful! My crock pot is named June for June Cleaver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love that you named your crock pot June.
      i have 2 crock pots. the mini pot is named
      Winnie (after my mother's middle name
      of Winona). i haven't named the big pot. yet.

      Delete
  4. Great find! Perfect for so many uses! Olive is a delightful addition to your home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like! What about edges so puzzle pieces don't slip off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. part of my request includes a half inch perimeter lip. :)

      Delete
  6. Very nice!!! I love the paint color too. I have basically furnished our home using Facebook market p,ace. To be honest, its the main thing that is keeping me on Facebook as I much prefer Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see I'm not alone in naming inanimate objects! 😉 Olive is quite the find and a practical girl, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I name everything. It really confuses by hubs. Grands love it!

    ReplyDelete

"if you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."
~ thumper