Tuesday, June 18, 2019

garden thoughts.


"Drop Thy dews of quietness
Till all our strivings cease..
Take from our souls the strain & stress,
And let our ordered lives confess
The beauty of Thy peace."
~ John Greenleaf Whittier



"He kept right on going because he kept his eyes
on the One who is invisible."     ~Hebrews 11:27



"In quietness and confidence
shall be your strength."     ~Isaiah 30:15



joy:
gladness not based on circumstance.
1 peter 1:8-9

.          .          .          .          .          .          .          .          .          .

sleep was minimal at best.. finally rising at 4 to brew coffee and seek the One my soul loves, i nestled in and brought to the throne all that is on my heart and mind. it's a good thing. ♥ sunday morning our pastor encouraged us to begin memorizing psalm 103.. i'm 2 days in with 2 verses hidden in my heart at present - more to come if my noggin keeps up with my desire. puttering in the garden to keep plants hydrated reminds me my own self needs hydration .. body and soul. it's not enough to offer token sleepytime prayer then drift off .. He's not a *sugar daddy.* a conversation is give and take and no different when communing with the Father .. more so. if we are to become more Christ-like, then we ought to seek and listen more than speak ..
thinking on this today.

breakfast was a bit of plain yogurt mixed with mandarin sections, blueberries, & sliced banana. i've a piece of cod marinating in a hatch chili dressing - later to be pan seared then chunked and placed in warm corn tortillas with habanero slaw. this afternoon i'll hopefully take a nap to ward off this befuddled brain from lack of sleep.

know the great thing about leftover coffee? put it in a blender with ice and almond milk .. give it a whirl for a creamy latte. you'll thank me. and you won't have to pay $4 at whatever coffee joint you frequent. wink.

toodles for now...

me.

p.s.

"Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all His benefits."
Psalm 103:1-2
{read further .. in the Word .. to learn of His benefits!}


22 comments:

  1. It's so nice to step in a garden. When we dig deep in the earth and plant, it really humbles us. I enjoyed the verses you shared today, Sherry. I'm sipping on my coffee right now reading. I never have iced coffee, but it sounds good with the heat we're having. I hope you get the well needed rest. It's wonderful to get up early and be still and quiet and listen. My favorite time of day. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i treasure morning time ..
      found my way outside to water, early this morning. in a bit i'll do some dead-heading in the front gardens then tonight water particular plants. i'm enjoying the quiet and having a bit more time.. it's a bittersweet thing after dad passing and no longer making my way up the road to sherwood forest. ♥

      Delete
  2. Thank you...this post really hit home for me today. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi terri. :) his mercies are new every morning .. great is HIS faithfulness. ♥

      Delete
  3. Love Psalm 103 - thanks for sharing it today! Blessings to you over and over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blessings to you as well, over and again and yet again. i'm thankful for you. ♥

      Delete
  4. This chapter in Psalms has been on my mind! Love the quotes and knowing that God loves to hear from us - and then He loves to talk to us!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .. when we quiet our hearts we can hear him.
      i love that he *wants* to hear from me but also that he *wants* to wash over us with his holy spirit. ♥

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. {{{{{ ♥ }}}}}
      love you dearly, sweet friend.

      Delete
  6. I love what you have shared about our desperate need for the Lord Always! "For in Him we live and move and exist" Acts 17:28 His lovingkindness endures forever and He holds us in the palm of his hand. Such COMFORT! And yes, He does speak to us, as we abide in Him and His holy Word:) Maranatha! Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is my very breath of life. ♥
      Maranatha indeed!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. i'm a few days behind .. sadly. i'm up to verse 3 but hey that's 3 verses! ♥

      Delete
  8. Hi Sherry,

    I see that you have started blogging again. After being away about a year, I am heading that way myself. I'm at least reading blogs again, and I intend to start writing again too.

    Hope all is well in your little corner of the world.

    Love,
    Patti (from Boise)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i would so love it if you'd begin blogging again... but only if it's the right thing at the right time for you ♥ .. hello, friend. :)

      Delete
  9. I LOVE Psalm 103! I felt lead to memorize it last year. I need to revisit those verses to keep it fresh in my mind.Thank ypu for this reminder! Keep going. You can do it! I found writing it out, as far as I could from memory, helped me, but I'm a very visual person. Such words of truth that minister deeply to one's soul.💝

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm having a dickins of a time memorizing..
      i too am visual - as such i'll try your idea and let you know how it works. wink. thank you, friend. ♥

      Delete
  10. I love that your Pastor is encouragin you all to memorize Scripture!! Writing the Scriptures is therapy for me!!! So is coffee, hot or cold!! Love usin leftovers for such as you describe (and more ;-)!!!)!!! ~tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. our pastor is an excellent bible teacher..
      we're blessed that way. okay so writing the scriptures.. both you and my friend JC (above) shared about writing them down. ♥

      Delete
  11. I've been more purposeful recently about sitting quietly in the early morning and "listening" to the Lord. It doesn't come easy for this rambunctious soul of mine; it takes discipline which I have to ask Him to provide. And He does. Great that your pastor is encouraging scripture memorization. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my brain typically has 933 windows open so the sitting and actually listening with a quiet heart is a challenge most of the time. for me. as to memorization? golly gee it's an added challenge i pray i overcome!

      Delete

"if you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."
~ thumper