Thursday, May 16, 2019

snail's pace.



the rains have brought the snails out of hiding.
last night on my narrow walk to the trash can
out on the street for morning pick up, i counted
no less than 12. again this morning i made the
same journey and counted 19 - including
the tiniest of snail babes. while i despise the
garden destruction i simply cannot step on the
little things so i gingerly trace my steps to
and fro ensuring their safety even though they
are determined to eat all the veggies we just
planted as well as leaves of particular sort.
there ain't enough snail bait in the world to
keep these gastropods at bay.

i snapped this picture a couple years ago ..
beauty midst the destruction.
hmpfh. slime-walkers.


10 comments:

  1. That’s an amazing photo. We get slugs, not too many snails. I don’t like either in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. behind the redwood curtain here in california there are big ole slugs - grossly large. ew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sherry, welcome back. Your new blog name is interesting, and wondering what it means. Wow, 19 snails! I haven't seen any around here, but it's been raining the last few days. This is really a cool picture. I hope you are having good May days, and so glad to have you back again.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. coddiwomple:
      To travel in a purposeful manner towards a vague destination. ♥

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. while i'm not a fan of their destructive ways, they're actually beautiful in their intricate design. :)

      Delete
  5. Interesting little creatures! They carry their home with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the way i'm ridding my own home of belongings i may very well find myself the same way - - carrying my home on my back. wink.

      Delete
  6. Intriguing, weird creatures, snails. I remember my years in SoCal and how the rains brought out the snails there, too. Then I moved to Ohio and was amazed at how the rains produced zillions (okay, not zillions, but quite a few) of worms on the driveway. Rains gotta wash something up, I guess. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

"if you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."
~ thumper