Saturday, August 8, 2020

mask.

 


during this curious time of covid

masks are required in most establishments

be they grocer or restaurant or retail

or some folks find it necessary to wear

a mask ... alone ... in a car ... or hiking alone.

this, the latter, i don't understand.

regardless, i made masks for the hubs and i,

putting a fresh set in each vehicle in case

we have to dash in and buy something.

or protect us from rocks and foliage

while 4 wheeling in the wilderness. 

or simply in the car. not.

*

i have a large stash of vintage buttons

so i used up one particular set

but kept the button holder

to use as a bookmark.

so pretty, hm?

i figured, if state mandate requires one to wear a mask 
{that will not truly protect me from the plague}, 
i may as well make it pretty. the hub's mask is plain. as expected.
realizing i'm in an audience of varied opinion of mask wearers
and their effectiveness, please know i mean no disrespect
by anything said in the above comments.
we shelter in place largely because of where we live
and our proximity or lack thereof to public spaces.
and we wear masks where mandated. mostly.
but not alone in our vehicles, or 4wheeling,
or such. i still don't understand that reasoning... wink.

do you wear a pretty mask? did you make it yourself?
i know a gal who made mounds of masks for those who needed
them most. that's her though .. seeing a need and filling it quick
and constant-like. janR is amazing that way and more ways.

... thought for the day ...

"my flesh & my heart fail;
but God IS the strength of my heart
& my portion forever."
{ps 73.26}

love,
sherry

9 comments:

  1. It's just all so coddiwonply out there, lol. Stay sane, Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masks are like coffee cups, if they ain't purdy don't use them!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. We only wear masks when we must. I had a pretty one, made by my daughter in law, but it’s thick and it makes me too hot. So I’ve been wearing a paper one. Yours is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the cream toned one i made has some "give" so i can actually breath. little things that make life better. wink.

      Delete
  4. Masks. yea. Though waters to navigate for me. I have ptsd panic issues. Masks help bring that on. I want to do my part, I go practically nowhere, order my grocieries online, such as that. My husband got me the kind that you can were round the neck and pull up as needed. This has helped some. I want to be kind and not make others afraid. God is helping me work thru the panic as I limit my time in a place that requires the. As far as pretty goes, well It is a lovely medium teal, which is quite the delicious color ;-). I should get some pretties to sew on it, maybe this would help <3 ~tAmmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... gentle hugs ...
      thankful your husband bought you a mask that is slowly helping, bit by bit. bless your heart. <3

      Delete
  5. I like this discussion o Masks (because we all seem to be on the same page).
    I made my mask out of lace! So far NOBODY has stopped my from entering. But boy, do I get the looks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made twelve masks in total for my Sweet Pea, and she purchased a few more. With a full week of work requiring the need, with options to change out a fresh one when needed. I made each one for us too. We certainly don't wear it in the car or alone, but only when required or needed. Yours is quite lovely, as masks go ;), with the vintage button. Is the fabric muslin?

    ReplyDelete

"if you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."
~ thumper