Thursday, July 11, 2019

of blossoms.



traipse ::: definition of traipse by Merriam-Webster
- to walk or travel about without apparent plan
but with or without a purpose.

coddiwomple :: traipsing ♥

while traipsing about in the sierra recently we came across this yellow blossom encrusted bush .. actually we came across dozens upon dozens of this exact type bush. enamored by the simplicity and beauty of the tiny flowers i've yet to determine the name. thinking our next visit would include an additional stop by a plant nursery. the deer population doesn't seem to treat it as a food source ..
















we also noticed scads of these tiny white daisies scattered here, there, and everywhere. a weed..perhaps?












july 9 the hubs and i celebrated our 31st anniversary. simple celebration at our favorite thai restaurant. then picked up a couple little desserts at the fancy market then home again home again jiggety jig. he brought me flowers and not a purple toned anything in the mix. swOon.









13 comments:

  1. Your anniversary celebration sounds delightful - and you must have been so relieved he knows not to buy anything purple for you. Love the Sierra flowers. So sweet.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's taken 31 years for him to not include the purple...! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are pretty. You don't like Purple? (my favorite color). : ) The daisies are sooooo lovely. They remind me of my mom. Happy Anniversary, Sherry. It sounds like a sweet day. Thai food....Yummy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm not a fan of purple ..
      but i LOVE it in the gardens!
      just not in my home or on
      my person. ♥ one of those
      weird preferences that sometimes
      shock people. lol

      Delete
  4. Anniversary blessings to you and your sweetheart!! It sounds like a lovely day with celebrations that were Just Right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we're not big on huge events to celebrate our anniversary.. simple togetherness is good for us. ♥

      Delete
  5. There is a very helpful group on FB that I follow. They could help you very quickly!

    I'd be interested in knowing, too. They are very sweet.

    I have another friend who is not a fan of purple. I'll have to keep this in mind, as I'm thinking we did not know this about you!

    It's been nearly two years since I hugged you in person, but consider yourself duly hugged! I hope your day is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hugging you across the miles, dear friend!
      i'd love to know the name of the group you
      spoke of - would be great to learn the
      plant names. :)

      Delete
  6. Happy sweet anniversary celebration💝

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't identify the bush without seeing its leaves, but I love it! The little daisy-like flowers are Feverfew, I believe. It's a medicinal herb used to treat migraine headaches. How nice that you were able to get out for a nature walk. Looking at your pretty photos I once again realize I've got to get a real camera to replace the one that broke several years ago. Taking photos with a phone just doesn't cut it. Hugs, Nancy P.S. Happy belated anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. feverfew .. medicinal herb to treat migraine headaches. well isn't that a treat?! thank you!

      Delete

"if you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."
~ thumper