Wednesday, May 8, 2019

just small talk.


more coffee pretty please.

i don't always sleep well and last night was such the case.
waking nearly every half hour - restless. sleep was had
but fitful at best. it happens to all of us i suppose. what's
amazing is that i slept through the beep beep of my
coffee maker, finally opening my peepers at 5:28am. 
feet on the ground and in my slippers and zipped robe,
padding to the kitchen where with one eye open 
coffee was poured, cream added, then padding to my
morning perch in the living room - i settled in for the
first sip and the Word. thankful we're going through the
psalms at church - the few chapters read offered peace
and renewal. i don't always choose the Word when i
rise from troubled sleep - those mornings don't progress
well - big surprise. but this morning getting into the Word
brought me to a better place - offering praise to my Savior
and praying for others dear to my heart - one in particular.

"i will trust in the mercy of God forever and ever."
~Ps.52:8b

productive morning. by 9am two loads of laundry completed,
bed made, kitchen cleaned, breakfast which consisted of
sweet strawberries and yogurt,
showered, dressed, a bit of spackle on my aging mug .. 
the latter being a  thankful undertaking. wink. 
will meet a dear friend for a quick lunch before we both
head back home to tend to our independent
vintage trailer project-ridden garages.
there's a broom and dust pan in my afternoon future.
and a can of stain. and glaze. 
on a hope and a prayer i'll make sense of the
trailer cabinets... it's coming along. 
slower than anticipated but coming along.
it'll be a keeper. ♥

wood dust = precious fibers of joy

"life with God is not immunity
from difficulties, but peace
within difficulties."     ~c.s. lewis



14 comments:

  1. One step at a time, one step at a time, one step at a time. The path will soon be clear, and it will make sense. Stepping forward into the light of His everlasting love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what is unclear in the here and now,
      will be made clear in His timing. ♥
      ... until then, yes, one foot in front
      of the other - one step at a time.
      sometimes a step or 3 backward. wink.
      kinda like the cha-cha.

      Delete
  2. love the musings of your heart. identifying with the 'difficult' nights and early rising to the Word. wish I lived next door so I could watch the broom project. notice I didn't offer to push the broom! looking forward to seeing the beautiful finished vintage trailer product.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're lucky you don't live next door, missy. you may not be able to push the broom in your current recuperative state post surgery, but i could get you busy on some glazing! wink. love you, adrienne!

      Delete
  3. Love the C.S. Lewis quote - I'll be copying that one! Sleep is elusive after a certain age . . . but time alone with the Word especially in the Psalms is good for the soul, as is coffee (or tea, as for me) for the body. Blessings. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haven't slept well since our daughter left our lives. sigh. that and the age thing. hugs.

      Delete
  4. Sherry have you ever written the Word for therapy??? Oh my goodness it has become so very precious to me <3!!!!! Somethin about writing (for me specially incursive, I think it engages more of my brain) the Word as I work thru reading it. Honey for my heart <3!!!!~tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes ma'am. i have a notebook filled with scripture, personal meanings, and thoughts. ♥

      Delete
  5. You are loved. Thank you for sharing your heart here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry. Thinking about you and lifting you up in prayer.
    Blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete

"if you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."
~ thumper