Monday, September 27, 2021

continuum.



autumn's glory is official.
arriving every year, it's special
over and again,
continuing to usher
a certain softness
and muted
tone,
a scent unlike any other,
for apples and cinnamon and pumpkin
everything find their way into
our lives.
..chilly outside * toasty inside..
we're still on fire watch {bah!} and looking sooo
forward to autumn rains then winter's snow.
the crunch of fallen leaves,
the yellow of the aspen,
oranges and reds
in perfect harmony..
raking those along with pine needles galore,
of readying our home and property
for the long, cold winter.
i love the
continuum.


"Delicious autumn!
My very soul is wedded to it,
and if I were a bird I would fly about
the earth seeking the successive autumns."
~ George Elliot~


this pic was taken in a midwest highway tunnel
while drifting along .. just the hubs & me.

we'll be drifting along once again fairly soon..
unsure of the direction and road(s)
at this point,
but that's all part of the 
coddiwomple
adventure.

.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .

the hubs and i are making our way through
a series on amaz*n prime, entitled
with
Dame Penelope Keith
as the "tour guide."
it's the one way we visit Britain
without physically being on the land,
& no plans to visit anytime soon.
click on the series title link above.
& as info:
there are times the music overtakes
the dialogue .. we simply turned on
the subtitles option and all is well.
hoping you enjoy the series
as much as we do.

.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .

"... kept right on going because he kept
his eyes on the One who is invisible."
~Hebrews 11:27~

.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .

*

p.s.
on our walk yesterday, we met up with
tommy & timmy,
dear deer brothers who boast
multiple tips on their crown of antlers.
not much of a conversation
but good to see them nevertheless.
a bit "stand-offish" to tell the truth, they were most
likely annoyed we put fencing around
the aspens, preventing their supping. 
i'm fairly sure that's the deal.
.wink.

10 comments:

  1. You and your beautiful words stir up my love for autumn! Ah, 'my very soul is wedded to it!'

    I hope you meander this way sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in my heart of hearts i long to venture your way..
      still unsure as to the exact path, but hoping.
      anymore, in this crazy world, my feet are more
      and more gypsy. thus, i should search for autumn.
      always.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful entry. This was so nice, just so nice.

    Thank you for sharing, love the poem. I'll have to visit the link one day soon, it sounds interesting.

    Happy autumn! Oh Autumn...How I love thee! God bless you and may you and hubs have safe travels. I appreciate your blog, it's a place of peace. A hug. ~Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful and charming article this is! I, too, cherish all the beauties of this glorious season. The colors, textures, sounds, and scents are magnificent. Besides the apple, cinnamon, and pumpkin you mention, I also like the smell of fallen leaves. There is an earthiness to a pile of leaves that just sends my sense of smell to heaven! What a cool photo in the tunnel! And thanks for the heads-up about that show. I definitely want to watch it, as a trip to the UK is something I long to do, but will probably not ever do.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you said, "...an earthiness to a pile of leaves that just sends my sense of smell to heaven!" ... and i concur! there's something just so *perfect*, hm?

      Delete
  4. I SO love Autumn!!! "I loved autumn, the season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it." ~ Lee Maynard I continue to pray for you, and I add prayers for autumn rains to come sooner rather than later so that your "fire watch" may end. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. loVe that Lee Maynard quote!
      .. we're expecting a bit of rain later this week, if what the meteorologist claims is actually true. hoping!

      Delete
  5. You've reminded me again how much I love Autumn. Autumn rains have returned to our part of Oregon - making the forests moist with much-needed moisture. I, too, am prone to a gypsy spirit the more time goes by. I truly hope you wander my way sometime soon!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's been SO long since we've seen one another..
      hoping to meet up. somewhere. somehow.
      preferably sooner than later. hugs.

      Delete

"if you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."
~ thumper